Spencer Cartilidge, Mark Leat, Sam Tunstall, Terry Cope, and myself, have talked briefly about what we need to see implemented by the city council in order to see this city rise, these are some of the ideas we came up with.
- Slash council officer salaries- they take far too much. Halving the salary bill for senior officers would save millions for the people of this city.
- Allocate houses to Stoke-on-Trent people first
- Extend the canal system instead of building all these roads, use it for local travel and haulage, and to attract visitors to the area..
- Withdraw from all bodies that aren't solely concerned with Stoke-on-Trent. They are called Stoke-on-Trent city council for a reason, that reason being that is what they are supposed to look after, not north Staffs, or the West Midlands.
- Make it a part of the contract that anyone working for Stoke-on-Trent city council, lives within the city limits.
- Abolish free parking for city council employees. Everyone else has to pay, including doctors and nurses, so there's no reason why the city counci shouldn't be doing the same.
- This city council should do much more of its own recycling. Done properly, there are both jobs and profits in this.
- England First would put up proper Christmas decorations, not this politically correct crap our present council put up.
- Have the city council run council housing, not have it farmed out to housing associations more interested in housing immigrants than local people.
- Have the city council put contracts through local businesses, then have those businesses take on apprentices in exchange for being given council contracts.
contact us at; firstname.lastname@example.org